Energy to Care Challenges
Energy to Care participants can engage in friendly competition to see which facilities can record the greatest reductions in energy use. To create your own internal challenge as a health care system or ASHE chapter, please contact the Energy to Care help desk at email@example.com. ASHE is currently enrolling ASHE-affiliated chapters in the Energy to Care Chapter Challenge (see below for details).
Energy to Care ASHE Chapter Challenge
The Energy to Care ASHE Chapter Challenge program allows ASHE affiliated chapters to participate in a friendly competition against one another in an effort to reduce their energy consumption.
2017 CHALLENGE INFORMATION AND PARTICIPATION INSTRUCTIONS:
Final applications and the data release form are due April 1, 2018!
- The Challenge will compare weather-normalized Source EUI between two, 12-month period ending dates 12/31/2016 and 12/31/2017. The chapter that demonstrates the greatest percent-based reduction in weather normalized EUI across the two periods will be the winner.
- ASHE’s Energy to Care team will conduct the calculations and will post an updated list of standings throughout the challenge.
- A chapter must enroll a minimum of 5 hospitals to compete and there are two categories of participation:
- Small chapter category (5 to 15 enrolled hospitals)
- Large chapter category (16 or more hospitals)
- Winning Chapters receive recognition at the ASHE Annual Conference in Seattle. In addition, winning chapters will receive an individual award to share with their chapter and their name will be added to the revolving Energy Cup.
- Click here to review the Energy to Care Data Use Policy. For the Energy to Care ASHE Chapter Challenge program, ASHE will follow the data use policy with two exceptions: ASHE will report aggregate savings for the winning chapter, as well as all chapters a whole. Also, a listing of the competition standings will be posted.
Sign-ups for 2017 participation have closed. Sign-ups for the 2018 will begin on June 1, 2018. For more information on the 2018 Challenge see below.
- To complete your 2017 Challenge application, please submit the following two steps:
- Prior to the submission deadline, request the facilities participating on your chapter challenge team complete a final data release. Data release templates are automatically populated by Energy Star’s Portfolio Manager and can be generated quickly. Hospitals will automatically receive an email acknowledging your data has been received.
- The competition may not be used to reward competitors for the use of any particular commercial products or services.
2018 CHALLENGE INFORMATION AND PARTICIPATION INSTRUCTIONS
Join us for an information webinar with Challenge instructions on April 24, 2018 at 12 p.m. CT.
To participate in the challenge, chapter leaders must complete an online application. Please note that only one application is required per ASHE Chapter, which can be completed by following the steps below. . However, step #2 (data request) must be completed by each participating hospital on the team.
- Talk to chapter members and gather information on the Energy to Care participating hospitals that want to participate in the Chapter Challenge program. To get a list of hospitals in your chapter area that currently participate in Energy to Care, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Teams will be submitted to ASHE no later than June 1, 2018. Application and team submission tools will be available after the April 24, 2018 webinar.
- Prior to the submission deadline, request hospitals participating in your chapter challenge to submit their baseline energy data in Portfolio Manager by completing a baseline data release.
The Data Release submittal deadlines are as follows:
- Baseline Data Release, June 1, 2018
- Final Data Request Release, April 1, 2019
Data release templates are automatically populated by Portfolio Manager and can be generated quickly. Hospitals will automatically receive an email acknowledging your data has been received.
- Complete the Energy to Care ASHE Chapter Challenge online application form by April 1, 2019 and submit it.
For help enrolling in the Energy to Care Chapter Challenge, please contact the Energy to Care HelpDesk at email@example.com.