Energy to Care Challenges
Energy to Care participants can engage in friendly competition to see which facilities can record the greatest reductions in energy use. To create your own internal challenge as a health care system or ASHE chapter, please contact the Energy to Care help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org. ASHE is currently enrolling ASHE-affiliated chapters in the Energy to Care Chapter Challenge (see below for details).
Energy to Care ASHE Chapter Challenge
The Energy to Care ASHE Chapter Challenge program allows ASHE affiliated chapters to participate in a friendly competition against one another in an effort to reduce their energy consumption.
2018 CHALLENGE INFORMATION AND PARTICIPATION INSTRUCTIONS:
Final applications and the data release form are due April 1, 2019!
- The Challenge will compare weather-normalized Source EUI between two, 12-month period ending dates 12/31/2017 and 12/31/2018. The chapter that demonstrates the greatest percent-based reduction in weather normalized EUI across the two periods will be the winner.
- ASHE’s Energy to Care team will conduct the calculations and have the results verified by a Professional Engineer.
- A chapter must enroll a minimum of 5 hospitals to compete and there are two categories of participation:
- Small chapter category (5 to 15 enrolled hospitals)
- Large chapter category (16 or more hospitals)
- Winning Chapters receive recognition at the ASHE Annual Conference in Baltimore. In addition, winning chapters will receive an individual award to share with their chapter and their name will be added to the revolving Energy Cup.
- Click here to review the Energy to Care Data Use Policy. For the Energy to Care ASHE Chapter Challenge program, ASHE will follow the data use policy with two exceptions: ASHE will report aggregate savings for the winning chapter, as well as all chapters a whole. Also, a listing of the competition standings will be posted.
Sign-ups for 2018 participation have closed. Sign-ups for the 2019 will begin on June 1, 2019. For more information on the 2018 Challenge see below.
Final Chapter award applications and data releases are due by April 1, 2019.
- Prior to submission deadline, request the facilities participating on your chapter challenge team complete a final data request. Data request templates are automatically populated by Energy Star’s Portfolio Manager and can be generated quickly. Hospitals will automatically receive an email acknowledging your data has been received. Complete the Data Release here:
Click here to review the Energy to Care Data Use Policy. For the Energy to Care ASHE Chapter Challenge program, ASHE will follow the data use policy with two exceptions: ASHE will report aggregate savings for the winning chapter, as well as all chapters a whole. Also, a listing of the competition standings will be posted.
The competition may not be used to reward competitors for the use of any particular commercial products or services.
For help enrolling in the Energy to Care Chapter Challenge, please contact the Energy to Care HelpDesk at email@example.com.