Energy to Care ASHE Chapter Challenge
The Energy to Care ASHE Chapter Challenge program allows ASHE affiliated chapters to participate in a friendly competition against one another in an effort to reduce their energy consumption.
2020 Challenge Information and Participation Instructions:
- To be eligible to compete, the facilities must have complete energy data entered in Energy to Care for the year (4/1/18 thru 3/31/19).
- All energy data must be entered into the Energy to Care platform no later than June 30, 2020.
- Energy to Care participants can view their chapter rank on the Energy to Care Dashboard. Data will be updated on or around the 1st of each month.
- The Challenge will compare weather-normalized Source EUI between two, 12-month period, ending dates 3/31/19 and 3/31/20. The chapter that demonstrates the greatest percent-based reduction in weather normalized EUI across the two periods will be the winner.
- A chapter must enroll a minimum of 5 hospitals to compete and there are two categories of participation:
- Small chapter category (5 to 15 enrolled hospitals)
- Large chapter category (16 or more hospitals)
- Teams must consist of at least 5 hospitals. Facilities must be health care buildings with at least one (1) ASHE member on staff in the organization.
- There is no cap on the number of facilities on a team.
- Winning Chapters will be announced and receive recognition at the 2020 ASHE Annual Conference in Chicago, August 2-5, 2020. In addition, winning chapters will receive an individual award to share with their chapter and their name will be added to the revolving Energy Cup.
- Click here to review the Energy to Care Data Use Policy. For the Energy to Care ASHE Chapter Challenge program, ASHE will follow the data use policy with two exceptions: ASHE will report aggregate savings for the winning chapter, as well as all chapters a whole. Also, a listing of the competition standings will be posted.
- The competition may not be used to reward competitors for the use of any particular commercial products or service.
For help enrolling in the Energy to Care Chapter Challenge, please contact the Energy to Care HelpDesk at firstname.lastname@example.org.